The Warriors Manga series

Opinion
These are a few of the books from The Warriors Manga Series: SkyClan and the Stranger, Ravenpaws Path and Graystripes Adventure.
These are a few of the books from The Warriors Manga Series: SkyClan and the Stranger, Ravenpaw’s Path and Graystripe’s Adventure.
Norah Smith
  • Warriors is an amazingly large series of books by Erin Hunter about forest dwelling cats. Following the original novels, Hunter created a parallel series called Warriors Manga to tell different sides of existing stories from the novels. It includes beautiful Manga illustrations by James L. Barry. Manga is an art style from Japan. Many fans of the original Warriors series read the Manga versions. Gianna Albano, a 5th grader, has read many of the Warriors Manga and has a favorite title.

“Warriors, Winds of Change, because I’ve been reading it a bunch of times and I love, like the events that happen,” Gianna Albano, a fifth grader, said.

Winds of Change, follows the story of Mudclaw, a cat who wants to become a leader. Albano also has a favorite character who she can relate to the most.

“Mudclaw honestly because, I mean, even I would be mad if like, my leader all the sudden rejected me,” Albano said.

Albano is talking about Mudclaw’s anger. He was supposed to be leader, but the job was taken by a different cat named Onewhisker.

Samanya Panda, another fifth grader, also has a favorite character from the Warriors Manga series.

“I think my favorite character from the Manga would be Milly because of her personality and how they draw her,” Panda said.

Milly is a housecat who helps a lost warrior named Graystipe find his home then becomes his mate. Panda discovered the Manga series at school after having read the original Warriors series.

“I found out about it during a book fair, and I kind of wanted to find out what it was because of a series I read,” Panda explained.