We’ve got spirit

This Spirit Week flyer was sent to all students in honor of Read Across America week.
Staff photo

Spirit filled the hallways at Patrick M. Villano School in honor of Read Across America week. During the week of March 4, students dressed in themes to promote reading. On Monday, students wore a shirt from their travels to match the theme “Reading Takes You Places”. On Tuesday, the theme was “Reading Jogs Your Mind”, so students work workout clothing. On Wedneday, the theme was “Reading is Powerful”, so students wore superhero shirts. On Thursday, the theme was “GLOW Crazy for Books,” and students wore neon colors. Finally, when the theme was “Cozy Up and Read” on Friday, student work their pajamas to school.

“I loved spirit week because I feel that it was a fun way for students to connect and show off their personalities in very fun and intriguing ways,” Shayla Kaley, a sixth-grader, said.

On Friday, all students read in the gym under popup tents and enjoyed a book purchased by the PTA.

“It’s fun. I enjoyed it, and thought it was a fun activity to have at Villano,” Lyla Cuhadaryan of sixth grade added.