Guess Who

Guess Who is still a popular game on the Amazon storefront.
Staff photo

Students and staff celebrated Read Across America not just one day at Patrick M. Villano School. It was an entire week of activities with the entire school participating in a Battle of the Books and other events. Erin Amicucci, a special education teacher, helped organize the week. One of her ideas was to play a Guess Who game using clues about the staff’s reading habits.

“When I was little, I loved the game Guess Who. I always loved a good brain teaser or challenge, and Guess Who always made me think a little outside the box,” Amicucci said.

Arya Sontag, a fifth-grader, agrees.

“Yes, I enjoyed the guess who’s because there was always a chance I could win something fun even if it was small,” Sontag said.

Staff volunteered three personal reading clues. Then, each morning those clues were given during morning announcements along with a choice of three staff members’ names. Students had to decide which teacher matched the clues. They wrote their answer on a special Guess Who slip of paper.

“It was cool to see all of the teachers’ different book preferences. I enjoyed seeing if I was right or wrong,” Sontag added.

The slips of paper were sorted by grade level and put into a box. One slip of paper for each grade level was pulled daily. That student won a small prize.

“My students like to play the board game version, and I think the personalized Villano School version for Battle of the Books was such a fun experience,” Amicucci said.