School clubs in full swing

Divide and Conquer is an afternoon club led by Christina Rivel. Each week, we will work to complete innovative challenges such as escape rooms, puzzles, scavenger hunts, and more! according to the club flyer.
Divide and Conquer is an afternoon club led by Christina Rivel. “Each week, we will work to complete innovative challenges such as escape rooms, puzzles, scavenger hunts, and more!” according to the club flyer.
Ifeoluwa Awosanya

Many students at Patrick M. Villano School participate in after school clubs. This year, clubs include Arts and Crafts Fun, Game On, Lego Robotics, Villano Road Runners, Chess, and Divide and Conquer. Club participation helps students work on their teamwork and creativity skills. Some clubs even challenge one’s mind. Noah Justo, a fifth grader , joined the Lego Robotics club.

“When I grow up I want to be an engineer and to make robots, and you need to code them to make them work,” Justo explained.

Cindy Doran, a fourth grade teacher, leads this club. Each meeting, the students code and build a Lego creation.

After-school clubs meet every Wednesday right after school from mid-February to the end of April. Students from fourth to sixth grade can participate. Each club has about 20 students.

“I do Road Runners, because I want to improve on my athletic skills and running stamina,” Jackson Nepola, a fifth-grader, said.

Sixth grade ELA teacher, Megan Pritchard, leads the Villano Road Runners. According to the informational club flyer, “Weekly sessions include: nutrition information, 30-40 minute workout, and daily planning skills to help live a healthy life. Students will have the option of participating in a local 5K run with their family and friends.”

The clubs are free for all school students.