Taste testing new lunch options

Pomptonian Food Service features a fresh farmstand, according to its website. A wide selection of fruits and vegetables are available to compliment your student’s meal. We feature local produce, states the website.
Pomptonian Food Service features a fresh farmstand, according to its website. “A wide selection of fruits and vegetables are available to compliment your student’s meal. We feature local produce,” states the website.
Staff photo

New items may be headed to the lunch menu at Patrick M. Villano School. Eleven of the school’s Student Congress members attended a food tasting with Pomptonian Food Service on December 12, 2023. The company is located in Fairfield, New Jersey, and provides lunch to the Emerson Public School District.

Samanya Panda, a fifth-grade student, walked away with a favorite food.

“Apple strudel because the jam was very spot on, and I loved the dough around it because it was so chewy and I love chewy stuff,¨ Panda said.

Student Congress secretary, Fernando Menez Lopez, agrees with Panda.

“I liked the first one because it didn’t have a lot of filling. I also liked it because it was not too hard but not too soft,” Lopez explained.

Arya Sontag, another fifth-grade student, had a different favorite item.

¨It was the potato pancakes because they had really good spices and were chewy and good,” Sontag said.

The students’ opinions are heading back to Pomptonian Food Service for further consideration.