Categories:

Record setting staff numbers

Readers can find The Villano View at www.villanoview.org,
Desmond White

There is such an interest in The Villano View this year, the club needed to divide into two groups and add additional meetings to its schedule to accommodate the staff. The club has a total of 34 staff members. There are 14 fifth grade students and 20 sixth grade students.

“I’m thrilled to see such enthusiastic student involvement in the newspaper club! It’s great to witness everyone’s passion and creativity coming together,” April Catuogno, club adviser, said.

Students in The Villano View learn how to write news articles, take photos, and create captions. The online newspaper is in its eighth year at Patrick M. Villano School in Emerson, NJ. Samanya Panda joined as a staff reporter for her second year.

“I decided to because I have a passion for writing,” Panda said. “I also want to go to High Exposure.”

Panda is talking about the club’s annual team building trip to a rock climbing facility in Northvale, New Jersey. The club members earn the money for the trip by selling holiday wreaths. The wreath profits also pay for club shirts. Catuogno, a former journalist, currently teaches fourth grade in the district.

“I hope students take this opportunity to build their writing skills, develop their interview techniques, and learn how tffectively communicate their ideas,” Catuogno added.