A new face

December 1, 2021

Nicole Pinto-Spiegel

Amanda Benetti visits with students individually and in groups at her office daily.

A new social worker joined the Patrick M. Villano Elementary School community this year. Her name is Amanda Benetti. Many students who know her say she’s already been exceptionally helpful. Benetti works to make sure students are happy with their school experiences.

“She helps me when I’m stressed and upset,” one student said. “I also like her because she cares for everyone.”

Benetti works one-on-one with a variety of students from all grades. She also runs emotional well-being lunch groups, teaches Social Emotional Learning (SEL), and checks with students when the occasion arises and they need someone to talk to. Benetti’s job is to make sure everyone is emotionally healthy. She says she does her best every single school day to bring joy to the school community. 

“I love being a social worker. It is really important to me,” Benetti said. “I love seeing my students everyday.”

Students who know Benetti say after talking, they’re in a better mood and have a smile on their face.

“She’s nice,” another student explained. “She lets me play with the stuff in her room, and she is very kind.” 

Benetti has some advice to everyone in school.

“Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and treat others the way you want to be treated because you never know what someone else is going through,” Benetti voiced.

View Comments(1)

The Villano View • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (1)

All The Villano View Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• O

OliviaDec 15, 2021 at 3:19 pm

So interesting. Loved reading this!

Reply
1