Bagels and Bingo

December 18, 2019

Samuele Schirò

Volunteers from the Elementary PTA organize the Bingo game and prizes.

Most students at Patrick M. Villano School think a combination of bagels and Bingo is the best way to kick off the week before winter break. The annual Bagel Breakfast, which is sponsored by the Elementary PTA, is a time for chatting with friends, eating bagels, and playing Bingo. Some students even win prizes.

“My favorite part is the Bingo prizes, because it motivates the students,”  Aruwyn Connor, third-grader, said. “I believe it is a very nice thing for the school to do for us because it is really fun to be a part of and really cool and thoughtful for PTA to buy the prizes for us.”

This is Connor’s first year at P.M.V. School. Before this at Memorial School, students exchanged gifts, like a Secret Santa, at their Bagel Breakfast. This is the first Bagel Breakfast for third grader Kaitlyn Jordan-Genis, as she is new to Emerson this year.

“This is my first bagel breakfast in Patrick M. Villano School, and we never had it in my school, so I am very excited,” Jordan-Genis said. “I am very excited for my first bagel breakfast because I get to eat a bagel and play bingo with my friends.” 

Volunteer parents from the PTA served bagels, butter, and cream cheese to third and fourth graders earlier in the morning. Then, fifth and sixth graders had their turn.