Shhh! Work in progress

April 11, 2020

Silence is key to virtual learning for Giana Kim, a fifth-grade student at Patrick M. Villano School.

“To complete my work, I go to a quiet area so I can focus well,” Kim said.

Many tasks must be completed throughout the virtual school day including assignments in Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies. Teachers post assignments in the Google Classroom at 8:30 am daily, and students submit the work by 9 p.m. The virtual school day started March 13 to practice social distancing with the coronavirus pandemic. New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy stated in a recent address to residents that schools will remain closed “indefinitely”.

View Comments (2)

The Villano View • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (2)

All The Villano View Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• D

Damien GonzalezApr 16, 2020 at 12:04 pm

When using virtual learning through these times, I feel it will benefit students to plan a schedule for their day. For example, students can wake up at the SAME time everyday and start virtual learning at the same time each day. Planning breaks in learning to get exercise or to relieve stress is key to me. If you are just staring at your work and not knowing what to do, take a break and breathe. Think of other things that you enjoy for a minute or two. It can be very beneficial to working well during a virtual school day.

Reply
  • J

Jessica EspinozaApr 14, 2020 at 1:31 pm

Strong work on your article, Giana. I like how you shared that you need a quiet space to work well. I like to have a little bit more noise around when I am working.

Reply
2