District discusses virtual education

March 11, 2020

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website states, “This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and CDC will provide updated information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance.”

The Emerson Public School District is preparing its staff and students for the possibility of virtual education should a closure happen due to the coronavirus. All after school clubs were cancelled today for a staff meeting, and there is a half day of school on Friday so teachers can discuss lesson plans.

“I think that the prepping for school is important because we have our Chromebooks to do school work on,” Alexandra Palladino said. 

Palladino is a sixth-grade student at Patrick M. Villano School who is aware of the coronavirus. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, “CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and which has now been detected in more than 100 locations internationally, including in the United States.”

Tyler Pesca, another sixth-grade student, appreciates the precautions at school but has concerns.

“I feel that the school is trying to take as many precautions as necessary for us students to stay in school yet feel safe, but also I feel worried,” Pesca said.

Both students said hand washing and hand sanitizer use is encouraged in school. Pesca noticed that a new hand sanitizer dispenser was added to the gym area. Palladino said she keeps her hands away from her face as a precaution.

View Comments(1)

The Villano View • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (1)

All The Villano View Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• C

CassidyJun 5, 2020 at 8:52 am

I hope this quarantine ends soon .

Reply
1