It’s game on for Game On club members

May 10, 2018

Ethan Spurr

Board games provide loads of fun for the Game On club members. Popular games include Operation, Boggle and Trivial Pursuit. These are games of skill that students enjoy.

You’re never too old for Chutes and Ladders. The Game On Club is a fun experience for students in grades 3 through 6 at Patrick M. Villano School. It’s an after school club that meets on Wednesdays. The club allows students to play games with each other.

“It is a really good club where you can relax after working hard,” 6th grader Christian Sanchez said.

Fourth grader Camrym Spurr agrees.

“I love to play board games after a hard day at school,” Spurr said.

The adviser of the Game On club is Breanna DeCarlo, a 5th grade teacher at the School. Her job is to make sure that everyone is playing fairly, has good sportsmanship, and is being included in a game. Of course, she wants all the students to have fun, too.

“It is really important to follow the rules of a game instead of cheating and winning every time,”  Spurr said. “You should play fair so that your opponent feels happy and you feel happy while playing a game.” 

One of Spurr’s favorite games is Connect Four. She says The Game on Club is a really fun environment for students to sit back and just play games and have an awesome time.